New Journey Clubhouse provide the following employment supports:
- Assist with resume development
- Assist with application completion
- Provide transportation to local interviews during business hours
- We have an in-house boutique to assist with interview clothes and clothes for work
- Provide interview coaching
- Link members to benefit coordination www.disabilitynetwork.org
Contact is John Burtrum firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide evening and weekend opportunities for members who work
- Recognition dinners for members who are employed or going to school
Types of Employment
Transitional Employment: Opportunity to allow members to return to work at a local business or industry in a fully supported manner. Each transitional site has two placement managers who will visit the site twice per month (or more often) and will provide absence coverage. Positions are part time 15-20 hours per week and for 6-9 months in duration. Only requirement to participate is the expressed desire to work. Member is paid by the company but the job belongs to New Journey Clubhouse.
Supported Employment: The job belongs to the individual member but New Journey Clubhouse staff can assist with problem solving and support with the employer and/or the member.
Independent Employment: Members seek and obtain a job of their own with Clubhouse support if necessary. Clubhouse can assist members who are employed with reporting requirements and support at the clubhouse but we do not interact with the employer.